Sunday, June 7, 2009

Session 9

Good news this week: talked to the company that I am planning to work with for the ETEC 692 class next spring. I'm hoping to fulfill many hours this summer doing different types of work. I just need to get it approved by Dr. Leh (I think she is teaching it next spring). Here is the link to the company is anyone wants to check it out.

http://www.digitaledgelearning.com/

Worked on an outline on paper as to what I want the DVD to present. Now I just have to transfer it to PowerPoint. Most of the information will depend upon the surveys that will be going out to parents. That will guide the type of information that will be included.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Heidi,
    Your wrote:June 8, 2009 at 11:53 am

    What grade were you thinking this site would be best for? Are you developing it for K, 1st, or 2nd? Fill in the blank would probably be best for the little ones, but then again, when you think about state testing, it is all multiple choice. It’s never to early to start preparing them for this format. Good luck!

    I am designing it for my first grade students. I am sure kinder and second could benefit from it. Yes, filling in the blank would be good for these little ones, but when they enter first-grade spelling these words in quiz will increase their cognitive load. My goal is to decrease it during the asssment phase upon entering first grade. However, in the 2 and 3 trimester filling in the blank will be a requirement. The inability to spell some of these words are manifesting in their writing assignments.

    Debra

    ReplyDelete